International Waendel Walk – Both Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th
The 42nd International Waendel Walk is taking place from Friday 12 to Sunday 14 May 2023 at Castle Theatre – the start and finish point of all the walks.
It will be run by Wellingborough Town Council supported by the Waendel Walk Working Group.
The Waendel Walk track and field routes encompass the natural beauty of North Northamptonshire Countryside and the Nene Valley. Along the walks you’ll visit our country parks, quaint villages and use the new bridge to access Chester House Estate.
The International Waendel Walk is the only IML Walking Association event in the UK.
The walks for both Saturday and Sunday
- 5km, 10:00am start, latest start time 12:00noon (Wheelchair and buggy accessible – all on footpaths)
- 10km, 09:30am start, latest start time 12:00noon
- 15km, 09:00am start, latest start time 12:00noon
- 25km, 08:00am start, latest start time 11:00am
- 42km, 07:00am start, latest start time 09:00am
Other walks available
Friday 12 May – Friendship Walk
- 5km, start time between 6pm and 6:30pm (Wheelchair and buggy accessible – all on footpaths)