Accessibility Standards and this Website
This is an accessibility statement for Wellingborough Town Council website. The website is operated by the town council and we want as many people as possible to access it. For example, that means that you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts via the helpful plugins
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How Accessible this Website is
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
The majority of images have an appropriate text equivalent, however not all of them do.
- Not all essential visual information is available as text
- We do not have audio files for text and therefore don’t have transcripts, but you can use a screenreader plug in with our website
- Not all PDFs and word documents are accessible
- Not all menus, links buttons and other controls can be operated by a keyboard
- What to do if you Cannot Access Parts of this Website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print or easy read please contact:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 days
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01933 832820
The Equality and Human Rights Commision (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical Information about this Website’s Accessibility
Wellingborough Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We run monthly and quarterly reports to identify and address accessibility issues. This website was last tested on October 30th, 2022. The test was carried out by Aubergine262.